During my early years of bootstrapping, I was literally the hidden some guy building a startup called ‘Ayojak’, two event organizer came forward to use Ayojak : ClubHack and UnPluggd. I had absolutely met none (face to face) in India’s startup community,so to break the momentum and bring the real customer touch, I booked flight ticket from London to Bangalore and attended UnPluggd 2010.
What I got from UnPluggd?
– I met several geeks, product engineers and Startup founders
– I met Mukund Mohan,Pratyush Prasanna, Ashish Sinha, Aashish Solanki & several others (the beauty is when you meet people in person, you build a feedback-support-comments-appreciation loop for your startup & theirs)
– Got excellent feedback for Ayojak from various attendee which was eye-opener for the baby Ayojak in 2010
– Got new ideas on how we could integrate Ayojak with various other Startups
– Even today, I am enjoying the fruits of relationship with several people from UnPluggd 2010
If you are building a product, already having a product, thinking about experiencing the real startup talk, you have 2 choices – i) go UnPluggd ii) go UnPluggd 🙂
Disclosure 1 : UnPluggd uses Ayojak, we get appreciation for good work and also strong comments if things not well. This post is to encourage people to experience the business behind product startups.
Disclosure 2 : I also love other Startup initiative events in India as each of them doing excellent work to grow the ecosystem.